Saturday 18 August 2012

Transom and Keelson on

Transom made of Batu goes on, and first layer of keelson
You note the bottom right of the transom is not cut off yet,
that's because John's book says to leave a bit to attach to the
Jig.  Not really necessary, but it'll be trimmed off when
planking finished.

The first layer of the Keelson is dry fitted to the inner stem.
I pre-cut the notch in the inner stem, and pre-cut the keelson
to the plans, and it fitted to within 1/16", which made me pretty
happy that the overall measurements and length were ok.
Note the warp in the keelson.  Corrected when the second layer
was epoxied on.

Mutti (aka my Mum), by the Jig and transom

These are the floor battens being laminated in place over the keelson
to be taken off when dry, and put away until the boat is planked
and turned over, when they fit in the bottom for the floorboards.
LATER: I realise that the floor battens should have been run below the Keelson, not above it. Not sure why I thought this way was right. Still, I measured the battens after they'd dried and fixed in place and they seem to fit pretty much ok anyway......

No comments:

Post a Comment