Saturday 12 May 2012

Hubble, bubble, toil and ... keel

Boiling up the lead keel of Eleanor (nothing to do with my boat, just a nice piccie)
I dropped by the Club yesterday and met up with Simon the Boatyard manager and tell him I'm looking for how to get a lead keel made here in Hong Kong.  He tells me that Talking Head has just taken its bulb off and is going to be sold for scrap.  I can take it if I want, which I do, and now am owner of a bit of lead that's been gnawed at, so it's a touch scrappy, but still plenty of lead there to make the lead keel for a little Somes Sound 12 1/2.
So now I've got an uneven keel.
I got Arlene involved in the tracing of lines for the web frames, fun, she says, and it was.  I've now finished them and wait for the wood (Batu) to make the transom.

No comments:

Post a Comment