Thursday 24 May 2012

Ruth's card

Ruth's lovely card - drawn by her -- is enclosed with the Full Scale Plans

Ruth Ann Hill is the partner of John Brooks and with him the co author of the excellent "How to Build Glued-Lapstrake Wooden Boats".  In their book, they say "a boatbuilding book isn't really living a full existence until she has sawdust in the binding, epoxy putty on the cover, coffee stains on the pages...."
Well, I've got as far as the coffee stains on the Ruth's postcard!
And also: finished the building Jig today, and working on the cleats for the web frames and the moulds.  Getting on with it....
My uneven keel.  The leftover from a local racing boat, Talking Head
now belongs to me, for the price of lead scrap. The Boatyard will melt it into a keel
for my little Somes Sound

Basil has been a constant source of technical advice
Note the legs: not good.  Means he has hip displasia...

My mate Rocky with my new Makita table saw in the garden today

Also in the garden today: our crop of spring orchids in our Frangipani

The inside workshop: Band saw and laminating webframe cleats

No comments:

Post a Comment